Monday, January 26, 2009

Almost made it

I was really looking forward to today, January 26th. It would have officially been a day longer for Amelia to be home with us then to be in the hospital. But Thursday we had a little scare and she was admitted to the hospital. I was feeding her a bottle and just as I put her up to burp her, she threw her hands up in the air and her eyes rolled in the back/top of her head. I put her down to observe her, and she kept her eyes up and began bobbing her head. I was FREAKED out. I couldn't get her to look at me or to respond to anything. As I picked her back up, she puked all over, even had it coming out of her little nose. I felt so bad, I quickly ran her to changing table to suction out her nose and it looked like everything was normal and she was okay. I called the pediatrician and she asked me to take her to Children's ER right away! As if I wasn't freaked out enough, that put me into panic mode. Thankfully Auntie Aleese dropped everything she was doing and hopped in the car to make sure she stayed safe on the drive down. At first the doctors thought maybe it was related to reflux. They were almost positive it was not a seizure and were about to discharge us when she did it again and they witnessed it. That's when they thought maybe they should run some tests and wanted to admit her. She had a spinal tap and an MRI. They also did an EEG where they stuck tiny little wires all over her head and recorded her brain activity. 2 days later, we had results and everything checked out just great and no seizures. THANK YOU GOD! Because they did think it was reflux, they also had the GI doctors look at her and that is when we mentioned that she has been having a hard time with her little poopies. They did a few tests, asked lots of questions, and would like her to get an xray on her colon this week to see if maybe she has Hirschsprungs disease. So maybe tomorrow we will be heading in for an xray :(

No comments: