Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What have we been doing??

It would be nice to fill in the gap of the last 3 weeks, but unfortunately our life is really not that exciting. In fact, my blog has become my diary of events and I find myself turning to it to figure out when certain things happened!

Look at those CHEEKS! Almost enough to pinch!

Well some exciting things have happened. My aunt Kathy from Colorado came out at the beginning of the month. I think her original purpose for coming out, besides to see the cutest sweetest baby in the whole wide world, was to help out and give me a break to do things like...take a shower or make a meal. I had visions of handing Amelia over to her and sleeping for hours and hours. I pictured having time to make a gourmet meal and actually taking the time to clean house with this extra set of hands. HA....even with the two of us, not much was accomplished. And at the end of the almost week long visit, the one thing she accomplished very well was to spend time with Amelia and that was GREAT and perfect for me. Amelia was born into the "girls trips" and hopefully will be able to make her first trip (a few years away) on an airplane to see her great auntie Kathy.

Amelia had a doctor appt on Jan 6th and weighed in at 7.4 lbs and was a long 19 3/4 inches! WOW...that is actually a newborn baby size!! She is doing fantastic and growing great. She gains about an ounce a day, so I am estimating that she is 8.2 lbs today. Seeing that she is now normal babyish size...we decided to try to move her from our room to her own crib. So out the video monitor came and mounted on the crib, out the sensor pad removed from her bassinet and placed under her crib mattress. Revaccummed, rewashed sheets, blankets ready...we were SET. After two nights of a combined total of 4 hours of sleep...we might be throwing in the towel. #1 - the video monitor is addicting to watch. So even though Amelia is sleeping in her crib...her mommy is laying in bed staring at the monitor to make sure she is safe and wondering if I should turn up the sound louder because maybe I won't be able to hear her.



Other than that, she is a wiggle worm. Always has an arm flailing or kicking those legs. She started to smile, especially at anyone other than mommy or daddy, but we do get the occasional reward and i can see that smile hopefully full of giggles in the near future. She has found her fingers and fists and has them instantly in her mouth when she is hungry.
She is still having her pooping problems and I think this is going to be a loooong road from what I read about preemies. Because her digestive system wasn't quite developed, it just makes digestion slow. I am planning on making a chiropractor appointment for her this week to see if maybe some adjustments or something more natural can help her out. As I am typing this, I can hear her pushing and straining to get some little farty's out. So next time you fart with ease....just think of how difficult it is for little Amelia and be thankful! That is my bit of humor for the day.
I had her dressed "ungirly" (NO PINK) the other day and she was SOO cute! Little camo pants and a white onsie. It was nice to get away from the sea of pink pink pink all the time. Daddy was happy.

Hopefully I will update more often, but I do plan on going back to work soon and have SOO much still to get done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she is just sooo precious!!!
-Cindy