Oh thank goodness for the weekends. We were back to nice and quit NICU. When we arrived to visit our little pumpkin, we were surprised to see her in CLOTHES! Complete with a cute little bow on her head. They said that I can start bringing her in clothes, so I need to go out and buy some preemie outfits because everything we have already was for a normal sized newborn or 0-3 month old. She is growing...up to 15 inches!! That's a total gain of an inch in two weeks. She is also up to a solid 2.8 lbs. 2.8!!! I'm so happy your gaining some weight little peanut butter.
We were also surprised and very happy that she was getting some more feedings. They worry about how long they keep her from eating because they are afraid that her tummy will be used to not having food in it and when they do start feeding her, it will take even longer, so back on the 1cc.
She is also completely off added oxygen and only on air flow. She was really behaving great all morning and didn't have a single alarm go off....that is UNTIL we got there! Maybe she just gets soo excited to see mom and dad that she just gets too worked up and forgets to breathe.
2 comments:
Hey you guys,
this is Kim's mom,Ginny - since I am so Blog /myspace illiterate I've been having difficulty leaving you a message. I have been checking in periodically and was really glad to see today that things are improving. That's right, you are the mother and as a mother you need to speak up and ask them to respect your wishes unless they can give you a darn good reason not to. If mommy is happy chances are everyone is happy. Sorry dad it's just how it works - you make a very cute daddy and your big smile says it all.
Love ya and will keep you in my thoughts.
Ginny
You might want to set a timer or an alarm clock whenever you turn on the stove..........
omg she's sooo precious!~! Look at how adorable she is on Mike's chest.....You can tell she loves her Daddy!! WoW!!
It's great to read up on all the updates Aleena. I hope you are all hanging in there...she appears to be a fighter...and soo beautiful!!
xoxoxox
Cindy
Post a Comment