Friday, October 10, 2008

Two weeks old!

I think Amelia and I were on the same page today and agreed that we were not liking the nurses that were assigned to her today. Normally I LOVE the nurses. They are amazing and treat Amelia with such tender love and care. Today, I was told I couldn't Kangaroo!! Are you kidding me?? She was insistent that she needed a bath right away and after that, she really thought maybe she would need a break. I suggested we kangaroo first and then give her the bath and let her sleep afterwards. No. I let it go for today, but I will make sure that if we ever have her again, I will request a new one.

Amelia was in a mood today. I can't blame her, I think she was also unhappy she couldn't spend time with mom & dad and be cuddled.

So today was her two week birthday. I sang happy birthday and made her a little sign. I had a hard time fitting them both on the picture. She is up to 2.6 lbs!! That's a total gain of .5 oz. Daddy made a little deal with his little girl two days after she was born. If she starts gaining weight, daddy will loose weight. So somehow, he is getting up earlier in the morning and running on the treadmill for 15 minutes. I told him he really didn't need to start right away and should probably make sure he gets his rest right now so that he stays healthy. But he said he made a deal with his little girl and he is going to stick to it! Okay dad...run some for me too!

I took a hat knitting class for an hour today that the March of Dimes put on. I made her a cute little maroon hat that I hope will fit her this winter. She will need lots of them to keep that tiny little head warm. And I heard today that it is going to be a worse winter than last year! That's okay, I plan to turn into a bear and hibernate with her in our house all winter long. We can work on fattening her up. Don't bear mom's sleep while they give birth and they wake up and they are already half grown?? That would really be the way to go! I am just kidding, I couldn't imagine missing all these little tiny memories I am creating already.

She was visited by her Aunt Becky and Auntie Aleese and Rene.





No comments: