Sunday, October 12, 2008

Girl Power

I am so happy you are a little girl. I do understand how some people can wait and have it be a surprise, but obviously, patients doesn't run in either my blood or yours little Melia! I remember the day we had your ultrasound. We had originally planned it to be on my 30th birthday, that was my gift, my present to myself. But of course, you couldn't wait and made us have it a week earlier (we had a quad screening done that tested positive for down syndrome, so we needed to have an ultrasound done the very next day. It came back totally normal). So the day we went in, Daddy was still positive you were a boy. I had always felt girl, I just knew you would be a girl. As soon as the ultrasound tech said GIRL, daddy started pacing the room. He was already realizing the worrying that you would cause him. He started thinking about the first day you would start dating and how much money you were going to cost him because even then, you had him wrapped around your little finger and he knew he would give you anything you wanted. Mommy on the other hand starting worrying about the fact that you would indeed have daddy wrapped around your little finger and mommy would have to be the one to actually discipline you. I could already see the fights we were going to have when you are a teenager. But for right now, I am loving that you are a little sweet tiny little precious girl.

As I was sitting in your little room, pumping for the millionth time for the day, I really realized how amazing being a girl, a women really is. I look at you and realize that the skin you have right now will continue to grow and stretch for years and years. That will be the skin you will always have. Your precious little fingers, your little wrinkles in your foot, the forming of your belly button!! Your already changing before our very eyes. I know your weight gain is only .7 ounces, but I can already see your legs getting a little more meat on those scrawny little legs.

And then I look at my body and am in amazement. I mean, my breasts are producing MILK! They are actually intended for something other than Mike's pleasure and they are WORKING! (maybe I will delete that when you are old enough to read this). I remember while I was pregnant Mike asked if we could do some formula because he wanted to be able to give her a bottle. I told him, well I would just pump. Pump?? What?? I explained it to him, and his reaction was...you mean like a cow?? Now he gets it....and he too is in amazement.


During my pregnancy I read lots of books and was amazed that girls are born with the # of eggs for her life time. We don't create anymore than what we are born with. So right now, Amelia has eggs that hopefully some day she will be able to create life with. I looked at her and realized that we, Mike & I together, created her. She grew inside my body. I really thought before I got pregnant that I really got the short end of the stick. I mean, I had to carry this child and gain weight and give birth and what...Mike just gets to sit back? I quickly realized that I was really really lucky. I was able to feel her little movement, I was able to feel her hiccups, I was able to have life inside of me. Wow...my body is amazing. And then I look at her and see the future and realize how fast life is already going . Just two weeks ago, she was inside of me. I know that in even 3 months from now, I won't be changing her diapers and thinking how cute her poopies are. I know that her sweet little cry's right now will be deafening screams when I am trying to get her to bed when she is 3. So I really just enjoyed that I have a daughter today and was happy that you are a girl. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike and Aleena it's Becky. When you write those tender words it make me cry in how sweet childern really are. And yes it is so amazing how their life is started and how wonderful it feels to feel them growing inside. And when they are here it's even more amazing. For having three of them they may drive you crazy but at the of the day you love them even more. I am so happy for you and Mike for the precious gift of life that you've made. Amelia is defendly a sweet,cute and precious gift that you'll get. Am glad to be part of your family. Well hun i'll talk to you later Hunter is hungry. I give my love out to our beatiful family. Love, becky