Thursday, October 16, 2008

Friday is a big day

Okay, I tried bribery on little Miss Amelia today. I'm so NOT the mom that I thought I could be. Strong, stern...HA. We are onto bribery and little Miss Amelia is only 21 days old. Friday is a big day. We are going to try starting her back on her feeds. This time they want to do a continuous feed where they drop little amounts of milk directly into her line that goes straight into her tummy. This way may be easier for her to digest the small continuous amounts. Not that 1cc before was a huge amount, but we need to try something different. The doctor might start ripping her own hair out pretty soon along with mommy if tomorrow doesn't go well. Her doctor, Dr. Arul, just doesn't understand why she is not tolerating such small amounts, because everything is coming back totally normal. No bacteria grew in her cultures, which means no infection in her belly. PLEASE AMELIA....you need to start eating. I promise it is yummy and full of lots of good vitamins and fats that will make you big and strong and be able to come home by mommy & daddy sooner.

So today we broke the Kangaroo Heldt record. I started kangarooing at 1 and went all the way until Mike showed up at 4:45. Then it was a baby hand off, up she went off me and straight onto dad until 7:45!! 6 HOURS FORTY FIVE MINUTES of nice cozy warm chested parents. After all the drooling she did on both of us, afterwards it was time for a bath....for Miss Amelia that is...not mommy and daddy. Daddy really should have been the one that needed the bath, little Miss Amelia's drool had even wetted down a patch of daddy's chest hair. I grabbed a paper towel to wipe it off...but Mike didn't want her little drool wiped off his chest. Again...at this point, it is still cute drool and we love it.

The only other big event she had was the huge boogies that were suctioned out of her nose. Before we got their in the morning, the nurse had said she had alot of Brady's again, so she decided to suction out her nose and mouth, and found a big one that was for sure blocking some airways. Then Amelia coughed and out came another HUGE one! The nurse was pretty surprised. After her long Kangarooing, the nurse suctioned her out again, and another huge boogie. Uncle Austin was visiting again today and even he wanted to see her human size nose plugging boogie. We were all in amazement that such big things were coming out of such a cute tiny little nose. Again....still the CUTEST thing we have ever seen. We felt so bad for her....no wonder you couldn't breathe!!

I really hope and pray that tomorrow is the start of her feeding and that this is one thing we can move past. I plan on going in at 7 to be there for the big event and to remind her of our little deal....we shall see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you save the boogies so you can get them dipped in copper :o)