Friday, October 17, 2008

3 weeks old!


WOW...I am impressed with my blogging skills. Here I am 3 weeks into it and I have moved into VIDEO'S!! These are so much more exciting. I tried a couple weeks ago, but realized I need to keep them short and sweet. This was mommy kangarooing and trying to take video at the same time. She wasn't squirming all over the place, but her beautiful big eyes were open. As you can see, she wiggled her way all the way up to my chin again. I really do think she is just trying to give me kisses.

For her 3 week birthday, she is an impressive 2.9 lbs. That's another gain of .3 ounces this week. Long way to go until she is home, but glad she is gaining weight. I swear I can see it on her little tiny arms and legs every week.

Her feedings started at 11 am this morning and they started her off really really slow with a continuous drip of 1/2cc an hour. I just did a conversion to see what that is in ounces, and that is not even 1/2 an ounce in 24 hours!! Wow...Amelia...you have along way to go before you start catching up to what mommy is storing for you in the freezer every day!

Because she is a big girl now, her alarm levels were turned down this morning because being more mature, at the rip age of 3 weeks, allows her to have her heart rate dip to 80 without the alarms going off like crazy which really means alot less Brady's to record on her chart! But I am telling you, kangarooing really is amazing. Yesterday morning, she had Brady's all morning long. Then we did the Kangaroo Heldt marathon for almost 7 hours and during the night, she only Brady'd once!! Amazing.

Mike came in after work and was not planning on kangarooing. He wanted to get home and rake the leaves and get some other stuff done around the house that we have neglected. I left for a doctors appointment for my blood pressure and called him to find out where he was..he wasn't home yet. He just couldn't resist it....he had to hold his little girl.

Here is a self family portrait. Happy 3 week birthday Amelia! We Love You!! Lots and Lots and Lots of people love you and are praying for you! Be Strong....




No comments: