Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February Love

February is known as the month of love, and I think my daughter finally loves me!! Amelia has been a daddy's girl, as I think I mentioned last month. But for some reason this month, she doesn't leap out of my arms when she see's her daddy. She actually laughs and giggles with me as much as she does with dad. It has been so much fun!

Her vocabulary is a little unusual. Her FAVORITE word is light. Or as Amelia pronounces it Dight. The first word in the morning is DIIIIIIGHT. And it's not that she just says it, she says it like it is the most important thing in the world. And most of the time it is followed by the finger point. From the moment she wakes up, to the moment she goes to bed, if a light is turned on at anytime, she will say, DIGHT! Seriously, is there there any other child in the entire world who's favorite word is light? Only Amelia I guess. Her second favorite word is CLOCK. Yes, so we have Light and Clock?!? What the heck are we teaching her? I seriously am laughing right now thinking of it. She will point to the kitchen where the clock is and keep saying clock and pointing until we walk into the kitchen and look at the clock. Ooooo..how I love this little girl! Her other words include dog, duck, pig, and baby. My mom insists she says outside, but I have yet to believe. Now when we ask what a dog says, she says Whoof and "bounces".


But I would say the most exciting event for February is that she can walk. Well.....ummm..only at our house. If we take her downstairs, she has alot of confidence. We have carpet downstairs, upstairs is all hardwood floors. At first it was a few steps, then a few more, now it's up to about 20 feet. That's pretty exciting! But for now, she is keeping it our little secret and not walking at anyone else's house? No idea what that is all about, but BUG has her own little mind and I am sure there is a reason behind it.




Mike and I took a vacation to Mexico and Amelia spent time with her grandparents. She sucked them into Amelialand pretty quickly and by the time we came back, she was sleeping in their beds!! Prior to this, we had actually been doing pretty good with her sleeping in this thing called a crib. Supposedly they are designed for babies to sleep in them? Humm, ours must be defective, wonder if I can return it? Umm, yes, I would like to return this crib - What is wrong with the crib? - well supposedly babies should sleep in here and ours doesn't. :) Maybe my mom, aka Grandma Hetzel told Amelia that cribs are little prisons! She had 6 children and not one of them slept in a crib with BARS. OMG (stands for oh my goodness if this is a term that is no longer used 20 years from now when you are reading this Amelia). This MUST be a form of torture and maybe we should call social services right now for wanting her to sleep in a mini prison! Deep breaths....
She did have an ear infection at the end of the February, so a trip to the doctor and another round of amoxycylin. Poor kiddo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is just the cutest hat ever!!!