So it's been a month and a half since I last updated, so here are a few updates of Amelia, and of course some pictures too.
Lets see...where to begin. Well I guess we will just go with current info and work backwards. Amelia is now an 11.11 pounder! WOW. To think she started at 2.1 and is at 11.11 is crazy. During her 6 month check up, for her adjusted age (the age at which she would be if she would have been born on her due date, Dec 3rd), she is at around the 50th percentile for height (24 inches) and in the 50th for head circumference (40.5 cm). Her weight is low, but at least she in on the chart in the 5th%.
We survived Easter and were brave and took her to our family gatherings and I think she is paying the price with her first ear infection! So sad. Along with the amoxycillin is coming diarrhea (what a horrible word) and a not so happy baby. She has already had 3 poopy diapers today and for a baby that only has poopy diapers every 3 or 4 days, this is really really new to us.
Amelia's latest "trick" is that she can now roll from her tummy to her back! Yeaaaa. This has been going on for the last week or so. It's very exciting for us, and we make her do her new "trick" for all the visitors, well I mean stalkers, or should I just call them grandparents! HAHA!
Lets see, what else. We started slowly introducing rice cereal a few weeks ago, but she just wasn't ready and would make these horrible faces like we were giving her poison, followed by crying. So based off that, we didn't' think she was ready and held off until last week. It's been going much better and she does a really good job at keeping the cereal in her mouth and swallowing it. Pretty exciting stuff. I am still giving her mommy milk, but mostly the frozen stock I was able to accumulate over the last few months. She usually gets the "fresh" stuff in the morning before we get going with our day, but lately she has not been very happy with that. I am trying to slowly stop because it's just really really difficult being back to work full time.
Amelia has had her fingers and fists in her mouth non stop for the past few months. Her hand eye coordination is really good and grabs and pulls at every toy or necklace that is within her reach. Her head control is really good, her tracking, her "talking".
Amelia has had her fingers and fists in her mouth non stop for the past few months. Her hand eye coordination is really good and grabs and pulls at every toy or necklace that is within her reach. Her head control is really good, her tracking, her "talking".
2 comments:
Awwww...how precious is she! She is absolutely adorable Aleena & Mike. We can't wait to see her. We should get together on a Sunday or something for dinner. Miss you guys! See you soon! Love ya, Uncle Austin & Auntie Becky
Hey guys
so nice to see things are improving. She sure is a cutie.
Kim said you hope to get together sometime so the "little girls" can get to meet each other.
Too bad the "flu season " is lingering at the Eckmaeyer's and everyone seems to be passing it back and forth. It's been a long winter for Kim and she's ready to have some fun .....I'm sure you know the feeling.
You're in my prayers. I know the little ones will continue to grow healthier with every passing day and bring all you moms and dads great joy.
Take care
Ginny
Post a Comment