- We cuddle every morning before I go to work. Weekends and nights I let her sleep on me as long as possible. Somedays I get nothing done when I get home from work, but this is the most important thing I can be doing right now...holding sweet little Amelia.
I still bring Amelia along into the bathroom when I take a shower, and it's so funny because by the time I get out, she is all moist and "dewy". This morning I thought I couldn't pass up a little mohawk hairdo for Meli. She sure is cute with hair, without hair, or even with a mohawk!
- We started on solids this month. Went from the rice cereal which she hated, moved to oatmeal, which she tolerates and then onto the sweet potatoes! Those were the first real food she tried. Since, she has tried prunes & pears. Sadly, she is on formula and no more yummy mommy milk. That stock in the freezer sure did go quick as soon as she started eating more. I tried to weigh her and am thinking she is around 13.5+lbs.
- Teeth sighting! In the last two weeks, Amelia's two bottom teeth have poked out! Besides the coughing at night, she really has been a pleasant baby. No terrible stories to report. We brought her back into our room for a few nights until this cough goes away. Otherwise I was worrying she was choking so it's just nicer having her right there.
She is starting to be able to get around in her exersaucer (thanks R&M). Before I would set her in there and she couldn't turn it or reach for any of the toys, but then about a week ago, I noticed she was turning one of the little noise makers, and was in shock she was doing it all by herself! What a big girl.
- I had my first real stroller date with my friend Jodi and her little man Carmelo. She is a first time foster mommy to this little cutie and we took the kiddies out for a stroller ride in Shorewood. We even stopped to have a lunch with them! That was the second time I ever have had Amelia out for lunch! It was so exciting.
Yesterday was her 8 month bday, or as Mike likes to call it, she is a 2/3rder. Adjusted she is 5 months 3 weeks old. She is on her way out of 3 month clothes finally and starting into the 6 months! Too exciting. At least she really gets to wear things longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment