Seeing that her air flow tube was always out of her nose, or in her mouth or somewhere besides where it was supposed to be, the nurse decided to see if maybe she didn't need it and could do without it! So no more nasal cannula! GONE! Wow...what a big girl you are Amelia. It was so exciting to see one more wire disappear and hopefully never return!
Saturday morning I again went in for her 9 am feeding and we tried the "direct" feeding again and she did really great again today. They weigh her before we start and weigh her after, but I really don't know how accurate that really is. It said she only got about 6cc's. I think it was more...but who knows. So we topped her off with the gavage feeding and I started to kangaroo. She had lots of visitors today and I think maybe was a little too over stimulated because she spent the rest of the day spitting up. They even considered slowing her amount down, she was moved up to 30 cc's, but we were schedule to do bath time, and just decided to hold off and let her rest and sleep and hopefully her little tummy will catch up with her. SO even though it will be sad to miss her bath, it will be the first one we missed, it was better for her this way. I like that she has visitors, because I really do want to share her with family and some very close friends, but she just can't handle lots of voices and noise. She really is a social girl...I promise, just not yet. Her night time nurse said that she was crying really loud last night but every time the nurse walked over and started to talk to her, she would stop, but when she walked away, would start right up again. So Amelia needed to hear a voice, so she had the radio on all night and slept solid! Crazy little girl. And they say little babies can't be spoiled this early on! Try telling that to little Miss Drama Queen as some of the nurses have begun to call her. The other day, she was crying and crying and the nurse checked her pants, nothing. So she took off her hat and that was all she wanted, and was out like a light for a few hours after that! Apparently she knows what she wants, it's just up to all of us to try to figure that out. I guess we have a lifetime of that...after all...she is a girl right! Poor Daddy.
1 comment:
hahah That is so cute that she knows what she wants. Well she IS her mommy's girl....I LOVE it. What a cutie pie!! She looks sooo good Aleena..I woudl love to meet her someday..let me know when a good time to stop in and visit...I don't want to over stimulate her..I totally understand...just let me know when is good...I'd LOVE to meet this little angel!!
xoxoxo
Cindy
Post a Comment