Monday, November 3, 2008

What a Pooper



Today I was hanging out with Amelia in her room and now that she had a radio always playing, I was humming her some songs as they came on. At one time, we had considered naming Amelia, Maggie. And I hadn't thought about it at all until the song, I think it's called Maggie Mae, came on the radio. And I looked at her and couldn't picture her as a Maggie. She is an Amelia ALL the way. I am so glad that was one thing we had thought of before she was born. I couldn't have imagined if we had her the way we did and hadn't really thought of a name for her. She would be infant Heldt for a looooong time!

Oh my goodness. I had one of the best laughs in a long time and it was all because of poopies!! This might not be exciting to you, but today Amelia went thru 6 diapers in 5 minutes! Everytime we put a new one on, she would get it "dirty". We would think she was done, so we would clean her up, and then I could see her little face turning purple to bear down...and sure enough, there came some more. The last diaper change, we didn't quite have the diaper covered over her and she shot poopies all the way across her isolette and onto the port holes. I think she was aiming at the nurse Michelle. So after that, we HAD to kangaroo so that her house could get cleaned out and changed out! It was one time that I am actually glad she was in the hospital because had this happened to me at home, I probably would have been crying and calling my mom saying..I can't get her to stop pooping!! The nurse said that was the most she has ever seen come out of a little girl before! That's daddy's little girl! She definately gets that from him! So before this little "episode" she weighed 3.8 lbs, but I won't be surprised if she looses weight tomorrow.

We tried to breastfeed and bottle feed twice today. She did pretty good. I can't complain and can't have too many expectations, so I was happy that she took what she did. We figure she was pretty plugged up and didn't have anywhere to go! No wonder she couldn't take more than 10 cc's at a time! Poor little thing.

Mike and I actually came home tonight and cooked a real dinner. It was such a nice night out that we figure this may be the last night we can sit on our deck, so we came home and threw some food on the grill and sat outside in the dark and looked ate a real dinner and looked at the stars. It's so strange to be a mom all day long and then come home and not be a mom. I mean I know I am always a mom, but I want her home with me so I can be a mom ALL the time. It's just very strange to be with her and then come home and not be with her. I told the nurse that I was just going to take her home with me and bring her back tomorrow morning! Soooooooon Amelia...Soon. LOVE YOU!

No comments: