Friday, November 7, 2008

It's WHAT time?


Yes...I am blogging at 7:12 am! I am amazed I am even awake at this time, and it's even more amazing that I am typing this from Amelia's room. I needed brakes on my car and instead of being stuck at home again, I decided to catch a ride in with Mike and get dropped off early. So it was kinda weird to leave here at 8 pm, go home, eat dinner, watch Grey's Anatomy and pretty much go to bed only to wake up and be right back here. It was weird but nice to get the night update from the nurse we said goodnight to last night. THANKFULLY we have nurse Tia all day today!!! I just love her. This weekend Amelia has nurse Jen, so we are back to happy mommy & daddy with the nurses. Mike went and spoke to the manager or charge nurse or whatever the person that is in charge to discuss our concerns lately. She said that shouldn't be happening and will look into it. We just want what's best for Amelia.


I realized I haven't taken a picture of her new room, so here is a picture of her new room. I know it's kinda hard to see, but look at the open roof on her little house! She is still doing really good with keeping her temp, so I think she may be moving into an open crib soon! Wow...that would be crazy. I can't wait to have her home. I am now starting to get a little anxiety and the days are just not going fast enough anymore. Today is her 6 WEEK birthday! She is supposed to still be inside of me for another 4 weeks...ONE MORE month! That is just crazy to think.


In Amelia's old room, a new 24 weeker just arrived last night. I started to cry last night as I held her and looked at her as I listened to all the struggles this little guy will have to overcome and was so thankful we have a healthy baby girl. To realize what she and we have all been thru to get to this point. Day's are much easier than they used to be. It was an adjustment when I started to work, and I am still trying to figure out how I am doing both, but somehow my body is keeping up with me and I think my mind is still working too, but that may be debatable.
I need to go do my morning pump as I just realized I am leaking all over! LOVELY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amelia you are getting cuter and cuter every time I see your cute little face. We are so proud of you on how great you are doing. We can't wait to see you home. So it's happening going through shirts cuz there wet. I know that feeling. Well uncle Lance auntie Becky and the kids give you lots and lots of love. Love ya auntie Becky

Rebecca Hetzel said...

Well, Amelia...hopefully I can come and see you sometime this weekend. I feel really bad and I'm really sorry I haven't seen you in quite some time. What a bad new auntie I am. I will try real hard to see you on Sunday. Uncle Austi and I can't wait till you're home. You are progressing so well. I'm sure you love seeing the light too! It is always nice to have a window. We love you lots and can't wait to see you again. Hang in there sweetheart! You have so much love from friends and family...we'll see you home soon hopefully! Love, Auntie Rebecca & Uncle Austi