So I have now been a mom for 3 weeks and I realize now that I will never ever stop worrying. This is only the beginning and little Amelia sure wants to make sure I am doing a good job of it.
Amelia has been getting a steady continuous feed since Friday. They started her off slow, with the 1/2 cc and as of 6pm tonight, she is up to 2cc's per hour, that's 1.5 ounces per 24 hours! WOW...we went up one ounce in 1 day. And for the real amazing part....she is weighing 2 lbs 12 oz! WOW..that mommy milk is really really helping! I honestly can see the difference. Every day I see her growing and getting bigger.
Sunday I need to thank my husband and my mom. I had a really rough night and fell apart and they helped me get back up. I think I would still be in bed if it wasn't for them both. I'll leave the details out, but don't know what I would do without either one of them in my life. My mom finished making Amelia's baptismal gown and it is BEAUTIFUL. It is made out of my wedding dress shawl, my mom's wedding dress, and lace from my grandmother. We are still hoping to add something of Mike's mom too. It is so special and I hope that I can save this dress and she can use some day for her children and know that it was made by her grandma with so much history sown into it.
Auntie Amber and Auntie Aleese stopped in for visits today and brought LOTS of books. Auntie Aleese bought her Will you always love me? and 3 Amelia Bedelia books. Auntie Amber bought her series 2 of the Amelia Bedelia books. Before we had Amelia, let's just say, my mom wasn't too thrilled with the name Amelia because ditzy Amelia Bedelia books. But now...you look at the sweet little girl and she is 100% an Amelia, but Amelia MARGARET!
I have to go back to work tomorrow. I don't know how I am really going to do it. Maybe it will actually help get my life back in order. Things like makeup, blow drying my hair, actually putting on real clothes and caring what I look like may actually be good for me (and Mike too!). I keep telling myself that this makes so much more sense to go back now and stay home when she is home, I just don't know how I am going to do both. She has been my full time job, she consumes my life. I guess I better get used to the juggling act and slowly start to become super women. Mom and wife and business women. Hopefully in that order. Does it really work? Is it worth it? I guess this will be my trial run while I wait for my little pumpkin to come home. Wish me luck......
2 comments:
THAT'S SO FUNNY ABOUT THE "AMELIA BEDILIA" BOOKS!! I too dug mine out for u!! so u may already have them! ove auntie lori
Hello Heldt family, We just wanted to tell you that we are thinking about you. I know you've got lots of friends and family, but if you ever need us, please don't hesitate to call.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
The Glorioso's
Post a Comment