Thursday, October 9, 2008

Be happy your not my stove

The Wednesday before I had Amelia I decided to have our well water tested at home to make sure that it was safe. Turns out we had high levels of bacteria and the water wasn't even safe for us to drink! So when we came home from the hospital, we had to boil a pot of water every night so that when we needed to wash the bottles and stuff for my pump, it would be safe. So the other morning, I put on the pot of water and turned it on at 9. Then I hopped into the shower and remembered in the shower, that I needed to turn off the water when I got out. I don't know what distracted me but eventually I made it back into the kitchen and realized that 2 hours later, I hadn't turned off the pot of water. The windows in the kitchen and in the living room were completely fogged up. The ceiling was even dripping above the stove from the moisture. I had to open some windows and doors to cool the place down. Last night, we were heating up dinner in the oven. Well guess what...two hours after we had eaten, I realized the oven was still on. Then tonight...I was heating up soup and walked away and burned the soup to the bottom of the pan. Why I am writing about stoves and not Amelia...I have no idea.


Today was a mellow day. We hung out and kangarooed for over 3 hours today. The longest we have ever done. It was so nice and quit in the nicu today. I was able to just have her lay on me and sleep. I read her a book a couple time and hummed her a few songs. I just closed my eyes and hung out. It was so nice. 100% better then yesterday. Her breathing seemed to be alot better today. It was still happening, but she was not needing the stimulation and help she needed yesterday. She would drop and then come right back up on her own. Her nurse today was Tia who was on her team when she was born. She is very caring and really explains things to us. She even let us listen to her little heart murmur. I couldn't believe how fast her little heart pumps. It usually is around 160-180. It's so high because they give her a shot of caffeine every day to stimulate her brain, which is good for her lungs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am soo glad to read today that things are better!! i was so happy when i read the tues, then almost cried when i read wed! now i feel better again. some of my coworkers asked if they could read the blog,as i have been showing pictures, imagine that! so many more caring and praying! but now i have to be stern with u, don't ever think that any of this is your fault, or your body!! we never know what the lord has in mind for us, so u really need to try to "fill that glass"! there are positives that other parents may never get to experience that u have, i know this is not easy to do, especially when your body and hormones don't feel like your own yet, that is part of the feeling of "lossing your mind"thing! that u have going on. and u will always worry about your baby no matter how old they are! so try to keep yourself rested too, amelia needs her mommy and daddy both to be healthy too! and your so right having a baby does change our way of thinking about work, no matter how much we like our jobs and sometimes need it to balance our lives, our children will always be in the fore front, i'd say u have the "real mommy thing going"! love u all! "auntie l"