We have a 20lb kiddo! 20.2 lbs actually! And hit it a month before her 2 year birthday. Way to go Amelia.
We have been very busy this summer and I have to say Amelia LOVES to be outside. I really don't know what we are going to do this winter, but I think I better stock up on a few snowsuits for both Amelia and for mommy or daddy because I don't think she is going to stand being stuck in the house.
Amelia had her NICU follow up appointment at the end of July. She was in the -3% for weight, 25% for height (31 1/4) and in the 50% for head size. She scored very well in the receptive language (understanding) and expressive language (talking) and also in the fine motor skills, which didn't take a doctor to tell us! She is a very talkative little girl. I would say she knows at least 60+ words. Among her favorite are still Dadoo (tractor), Moon (mooooooona), and I would say Papa is in the top 3rd. She knows all of her animal words and the sounds they make. I think my favorite would be Pig (which she actually snorts for) and Sheep where she says babababababa. She catches onto things very very quickly, we usually only have to tell her what something is once and the next time she see's it, she says the word. I think I remember saying something about being a smart little cookie when she was itty bitty, and well, I am her mother, so I can brag a little!

At her appointment we did try to address her wonderful eating habits (sarcasm). They suggested maybe feeding therapy to address a sensory feeding issue. She is now in the habit of chewing her food and instead of just pocketing it like she used to do, she now spits it out and starts chewing the next piece, then spits it out. She is very clean eater, and does not like to get her finger dirty when she eats food. If she is dipping her chicken into sauce, and happens to get it on her fingers, she just holds her hand out for you to clean it off. She rarely has a dirty mouth or rubs it all over or anything, so we never even put a bib on her and she stays clean as a can be. Loves to eat on her own and use big girl utensils. If I give her the baby plastic kind, she just reaches for ours until we give it to her. She was on a big kick for ice cream sandwiches, but we had a to leave the wrapper on where she would grab on the bottom. I am not sure we will do the feeding therapy or not, but at least we know it's an option if things start to get worse. For now, things seem to be going okay and well...if the only thing we are worrying about is weight, I am okay with that!!!
First trip to the Zoo 8/2010
Our sleeping arrangements are a little confusing. Sadly I think it is us who is confused and not her. We were on a 3 week roll putting her to sleep in her own bed. We would usually get a night time visitor around 3 am, but to me, that was the best of both worlds. Sleep good on our own most of the night and then get to cuddle up in the morning when we were waking up. However, DADDY (it's always daddy that messes up our routine) brought her into our bed the other night about a week ago and she hasn't returned to her bed since. Sooooo, see, it's really us that is confused on what WE want, but it is what it is.
We took some beautiful family pictures at the beginning of June to capture the 3 of us before baby #2 comes along in February! SURPRISE!! We were thinking maybe of getting ready for another baby sometime this year, but God knew exactly when apparently and I got a nice positive pregnancy test at the end of May. I wrote on a onsie of Amelia's that said, "Mommy took at test" and on the back it said..."It said Positive?!?". I had just got done taking a 5 month course at work and that day finished the final, so it was pretty sneaky and Mike was VERY very shocked and very very happy! Right now I am into my 16th week and things are going GREAT! My blood pressure is very low, I think we finally found the right medication that seems to be working the right way. I have small little itty bitty panic attacks every now and again thinking about going through what we did with Amelia, but I figure, I have been there, I know what to expect and if we got through it once, we can get through it again!! I am just praying that this will be a very healthy full term baby.
Amelia is just waking up from her 3 hour weekend nap, so that is my signal to get going! She needs at least a few minutes of cuddle time when waking up...and I am not gonna miss that! Maybe she is the reason my blood pressure is so low! I am sure in 10 years I will be saying the opposite, but for now, she is still my little snuggle bug.
1 comment:
beautiful pictures of the three of you! I really like the one of Amelia sitting on Mike's shoulders, she is so adorable!
Again, congrats to both of you on baby #2 on the way!
Post a Comment