Friday, September 25, 2009

September 26, 2008 memory

WOW...is it really coming up on a year? I remember everything that happened "THE DAY" Amelia decided to come. For my own personal memory, the day started out great. My sister Aleese came over in the morning because I was on bedrest for the last two weeks...she brought me breakfast. Well a donut. We went to my friend Katie's house to get a hair cut for Aleese and I kicked up my feet and relaxed. Then I had my 11:30 NST and 30 week doctor appointment. Mike met me at the doctor. Amelia was not really cooperating that day and wasn't kicking around much, so the doctor ordered a Biophysical profile. She couldn't get us in until 1, so we went to Noodles for lunch. I know...sounds like a busy day for someone on bedrest, but it was not strict bedrest, just keep your feet up and relax bedrest. Went back to the hosptial in West Bend and Mike even talked about maybe wanting to just go home and get the lawn mowed instead of stay. Thankfully he did. I remember we were happy, goofing around, kinda like we always do during the entire appt. Then the ultrasound tech told us we needed to go back upstairs to see our doctor and that is when the crazy crazy crazy news broke. The doctor said, there is no other way for me to say this, so I am just going to, "We are setting up an ER for you right now. Your baby is going to be delivered today. I don't know how much time we have, but she needs to come out." Then the questions began...why does she, what will happen after, etc. Thru the tears and the shock, somehow my brain was still functioning and I, we, made the decision that we were not going to deliver her at the West Bend hospital. Amelia would have been born there, and then immediately transferred to Children's and I would still be stuck in West Bend recovering. Ummmm..NO. Not gonna happen. I am going were she is going and the only way that was going to happen was if we left and went to Froedert. And so we did. Within 2 hours of arriving at Froedert, at 4:22 pm, Amelia was out. Gasped for air and didn't breathe for a minute. The rest...well....will be a memory that will still be very very clear for a very long time.

No comments: