Monday, December 8, 2008

We are still pluggin away

Well our days seem to be getting somewhat more routine, but I would not say we have it together just yet. Mike and I are still pretty exhausted. I am trying to learn to sleep when she sleeps and take naps during the day, but I must have something biologically wrong with me because I can't nap!! I can be dead tired and still not be able to shut my eyes during the day. Hopefully that will be one thing I can accomplish by the end of the 12 weeks off because I can't seem to get much else accomplished. I haven't even mastered the art of taking a shower by myself without Mike home to watch her. Just as I was starting to get a little more comfortable with her being home, she had two Brady's last week! Both occurred while I was feeding her, so at least I saw them coming, but they put me right back into the nervous, is she still breathing game every second I walk away from her. The nurse was even here for her 1st one and she was scared! She had never seen one, she mainly works with older people, and seeing this is a preemie thing, it was very new to her. She stayed extra long to make sure things were okay and her heart rate went back up to normal.



I needed a break last week and was feeling like I was on house arrest, so I took Amelia over to see her Grandpa & Grandma Hetzel for 3 hours. I called my Grandma to come up too to see her too and my mom took the opportunity to take this picture of the 4 generations. It's neat to realize the chain that needs to occur to make Amelia. Grandma brought my dad into the world, my dad brought me into the world and now I brought little Amelia into the world. Just think if one of those things didn't happen, little Amelia wouldn't be here today. So thanks Grandma and thanks mom & dad - I am so happy she is here with us.




I am totally amazed at how much laundry & dishes I am now attempting to keep up with for such a little tiny thing. Speaking of little, as of Friday, she was up to 5.5lbs!! The nurse comes in tomorrow, so I can't wait to see what she has gained. She started on a new medication to help her regulate her little poopies. She struggles so much and I couldn't take watching her work so hard and be in so much pain for an entire day so I finally called the doctor on Friday and looks like it is already helping out!

I thought I would post a video of her sweet little cries, this one is the I'm hungry cry...stop taking video and FEED me mommy! She really is a great baby and we are in LOVE.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww I LOVE LOVE LOVE the video...she's sooo sweet!!!! aww what a princess...

Beautiful Aleena!!! Just completely beautiful!!!
xoxoxox

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Awwww the picture of the 4 of you is so so beautiful!!! The smiles on all your faces sayes it all. That is it I can't wait much longer I am booking a flight first thing in 2009. We will start planning all "The girls trips". Love you and can't wait to see you.
Love from your Great Auntie Kathy from Colorado

Anonymous said...

:o) what a little whimper! she is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awww, what an adorable picture! I love it! Can't wait to see her again. Hopefully I can stay a bit longer! You and I and your sisters should all go out for dinner one night. Mike and the boys can stay and watch Amelia! Get ready for a little night out! See you soon! Love, Aunt Rebecca

Anonymous said...

aleena!
she is so beautiful! i can't wait to meet her. the blog is amazing.. keeps me filled in here in madison.. hope all stays well. love the 4 gen. pic.

cousin nicole :)

nurse Jen said...

oh, it is sooo nice to hear her little cry again! I miss you guys, especially my little Amelia! I hope all is well, call if you need anything!

her FAVORITE nurse!
Jen
414-704-3865