I have been busy trying to get the last finishing items taken care of at work before I take off for maternity leave. Some nights I don't get home until after midnight or later!! I honestly think that time in the hospital is on fastforward, because I can easily spend 8 hours there and have it feel like 3. It's funny to see the difference between the day shift and the night shift. Last night I was there until 1 am and the nurses are all sitting in the halls with babies in their arms and typing on the computer with the other. I have never seen any nurse during the day holding a baby outside of their own rooms, and night shifts, are walking up and down the halls. It's hilarious. Last night one of the nurses came in and I was holding Amelia and she was like...DARN....I usually hold Amelia at night! And then another person came in and told me the same thing. No wonder she likes to be held...she is held all night long. They even fight over her. She is such a snuggle bug. Loves being in someones arm. For now...that's great, but I am sure we will regret it down the road.
So Amelia has been doing great this past week. Friday she was 7 weeks old and up to 4.4 lbs!!! WOW. She is such a cute size right now. The only really bad thing is her reflux. She will be sound asleep and wake up with this horrible horrible crying. I feel so so so so bad for her. The nurse told us we will never get a good nights sleep ever again! OH well...sleep is for the weak...right!
1 comment:
Dear Amelia
You don't know me, and your parents don't know me very well. But I'm a good friend of your Gramma Marylu. I have been reading
your mom's special blogs every day
almost since you were born.
I'm writing now, with great
relief i must say, because I was
getting really worried that I had
not seen any blogs for a long time.
But i understand now how busy your
mom is taking such special care of
you.
Bless all of you on this journey, and know that you aren't
alone.
Post a Comment