Sunday, November 23, 2008

Coming home MONDAY



NOVEMBER 24th - We will be walking out of the NICU doors - November 24th. This will be a day we will remember for a couple years.....November 24th - the day you finally come home from the hospital.

Mike and I are "sleeping over" tonight as a prep for what will be to come. I don't know that I will sleep at all tonight. We have no monitors, which of course scares the living you know what, out of me. No looking up at the monitor to make sure you are breathing because I can't see you breathing, but at least the monitors "see it". No more heart rate, or oxygen level rates. No more brady alarms. Aghhhhh...this is scary. Will I ever sleep again? I am sleeping with the light on so that if I ever do fall asleep, I can see her face and make sure she is still pink and breathing. Mike and I went shopping and bought our own little alarm alert machine. It's a little mat you lay underneath her and senses movement and breathing and if it doesn't feel any for 20 seconds, it beeps. We were thinking this may be our peace of mind to be able to sleep thru the nights some day soon.

We had to bring in her car seat to do a car seat check to make sure she doesn't Brady in the upright position. We picked this car seat because it was for 4lbs and up. Most are 5 lbs and up. She is almost there....4.11 today...but the car seat was still to big for her. We have to roll cloths between her legs, and on each sides of her. She was SOOOO cute in it. She had to hang out for 1 1/2 hours in it and thankfully passed!

Her next feeding is at midnight which I figure is pointless for me to try to sleep now. Mike offered to take the 3:30 feeding! Thankfully he is off all week!

I can't believe this day has come. I feel like I should be able to start to breath again, but I think the real scary part is yet to come!! It almost feels like we are starting all over again....with getting thru the minutes, hours, then days, then weeks and before I know it, this will all be a memory. I can't wait. But then again, it's the in between that makes the memories. So tomorrow will be a great memory...walking out the doors and bringing you home. I Love you Amelia. You are a fighter, you are strong. You are coming home 10 days before your due date. It's crazy to think that you are not even supposed to be here yet, and yet, you have been here for TWO months already. I can't imagine my life without you. See you at home tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww Aleena!! Im so happy that you are bringing her home. You sound well prepared and very organized!! I hope the snow doesn't jepordize anything....I wish you all the best and please continue to blog because I have enjoyed reading them......Amelia...Im so proud of you..you are quite the fighter. You are truly an angel and i cant' wait to meet you someday! You have amazing parents and you are so loved! Enjoy your trip HOME!!!
xoxox
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mike & Aleena on bringing little Amelia home! I am so happy for all of you. You will both be such great parents and Amelia will be so lucky to have you both with her at home.
Can't wait to meet her. Enjoy your time together.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Shelley Bartelt

Anonymous said...

Heldt Family,
My name is Stacy (Jansen) Beltmann. My mom, Cathy, and Mike's mom are good friends. My mom told me about your blog detailing your new little girl's life. I have been reading it everyday. I was excited to see yesterday's message and was waiting to hear the exact date. I was happy to find out that today was the day and as I was reading you guys were probably already at home. I already said a prayer for your first night home (which can be tough on any new parent) and for Amelia's continued good health and progress. I look forward to new updates detailing Amelia's life at home.

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Yay Amelia! How exciting...you finally get to go home! You are so strong and we can't wait to visit you. Uncle Austin was lucky enough to sneek in yesterday and I promise I will get over there to see you this week! I promise. Have fun at your home. Your parents are well prepared. I love your bedroom too, they did such a wonderful job! Love you and see you soon! Love, Auntie Rebecca

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!! i have goose bumps ALL over my body!! are you really home!?!?!?!?! this is so exciting, this is really really exciting! congratulations to the three of you! what a wonderful thanksgiving you will have :o)