I had a long day at work today and didn't get to see my little pumpkin until 6:30...PM! I knew Mike was there and kangarooing at 4:30, so I wasn't rushed and wanted to give them time together. But I wasn't expecting to miss out on anything so BIG and when I arrived, I felt like how it might feel if I miss her first step or her first word. This is the equivalent right now..... she actually took a BOTTLE! A BOTTLE! It wasn't much, only 5 cc's, but still, she actually sucked her food herself, into her own little tummy instead of a feeding tube and I MISSED it! I know I will recover and hopefully tomorrow get to either witness it myself or even better....get to feed her myself!
Her mommy milk was increased from 27cc's every 2 hours with an hour break and is now getting 27 cc's every hour. My goodness....anything else exciting today Amelia. Well just one more thing that is very exciting and one more step closer to her with no nasal cannula...her air flow was turned down again from 2 to 1. Nurse Jen forgot to mention that, but I noticed it as soon as I began holding her and realized she was much quieter (can't hear the rush of air). She had to have an extra bath today after puking all over everything. She had a new multivitamin added and it must have been too much for her to handle, so they cut the level in half and will give it to her in two different feedings. So to keep tabs, she is now getting an extra shot of iron, multivitamins, protein, caffeine and zantac (for her reflux). She sounds like a sleeping pharmacy! Whatever it takes for her to get big and strong.
She was kangaroo'd from 4:45 to 6:45 with daddy and then 6:45 to 8:45 with mommy! When we put her back, and before we dressed her, she was weighed and is finally over the 3.2 hump and is 3.3LBS! YEeaaaa Amelia. Even though I missed everything, it was just such a big day for you today and mommy was very proud of you today! Good job honey!
3 comments:
this is all so exciting! she is getting so big and staying and getting even more strong! she really is a hetzel woman! :o) i cant wait to be able to hold her and cuddle her. she is so beautiful, she takes up a big space in my heart, i love you amelia. thanks so much for the card, i got it yesterday! it was so nice of you three to think of me during all of this. i love you all!
yay for the bottle!! Good girl sweetheart!!!!
Cindy
Of course…. those supplements will help her to grow & develop herself.
Post a Comment