So some big steps...she started her feedings yesterday, every 3 hours since 1 pm yesterday, she gets 1 cc of mommy milk delivery. Today...she is still feeding and processing it! They even talked about increasing her dose tomorrow to 2cc's!! That means her little digestive system is finally starting to work! They still keep her on the lipids so she is getting all her nutrition and vitamins, so the milk right now is like a special treat. So along with real milk, means really poopies! She needed a little glycerin enema to help her along, but out it came...and then a few hours later....out came some more! Only a mom can be this excited about poop. I even got to change one of those poopy diapers! I learned that grabbing her little legs and pulling them up to slide a diaper underneath is not good for preemies. It causes too much blood to rush up towards their head. Instead you have to tilt them to the side and slide the diaper underneath.
Her oxygen flow was turned down to 2, so she is not needing as much flow. Her humidity level was also shut off in her isolet. That's steps closer to a normal crib instead of the isolet. And the best thing was that she had a chaplain come in to pray with us. It felt great. We did it while I was holding her and it felt very spiritual and calming.
I was able to Kangaroo again for 2.5 hours. This time I kept my shirt on and just tucked her into
it. I actually felt like a little Kangaroo today. She was snoring for half of it. We kept trying to see if she had some icky stuff in her nose or mouth, but we tried to suction them out twice and didn't find anything. I told her that if she is this loud when she comes home, she might not be able to sleep in mommy & daddy's room. I was soooo anti having her in the room with us when she came home, but now I want her IN THE BED with us when she gets home. I couldn't imagine her being all the way in the other room on the other side of the wall!! I am caving in already!
My dad was my driver today. She opened her eyes to say hello and then it was back to sleep.
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who have helped us get this far and still be standing. Thank you for your prayers, thank you for your rides, your voicemails, your emails, your comments. Thank you to those who have cooked us food to keep us going...Mom & Dad, Mike's parents, Katie, Lorna, The Keeners. You are all wonderful!
1 comment:
yeah amelia! i am so proud of you and your mommy and daddy. you three are a great little family :o) i hope i can come and see you soon!
Post a Comment