Wednesday, October 1, 2008


Today was a good day. Her little tummy still seems to try to figure out what is going on and has little bits of green bacteria that is still in there. I was able to kangaroo hold her today, which I absolutley love. She was real still this time and was cuddled in a little froggie position with her legs tucked way up by her little butt. She was nice and warm, her little body temp was up to 37.8. The machine flashed...BABY HOT! Mom really knows how to warm her up. After that, we let her get back into the grove before waking her up again for her first bath! It was just a little sponge bath and the nurse, Jen, and I washed her down. She was wide awake the whole time with both of her little eyes wide open. The bath really cooled her down and then the machine said...BABY COLD, so we but our little hands over her body to try to warm her up. She was out like a light, we have never seen her so zonked out and her little heartbeat was the lowest it was all day, down in the 150's. Her last little excitment for the day while we were there was that she had a little saline flush to get her little poopy out. Within 2 minutes, she had worked out the maconium. It was the cutest little poop we have ever seen. Mommy and daddy were so proud. The doctors decided to try giving her milk again, so right before we left, they give her 1cc of milk. We will see how it goes tomorrow!
I weighed 2 lbs today. Her daytime nurse was Jen, who she really loves and we do too. We feel so comfortable when she is with her.

6 comments:

Heldt Headquarters said...

Hi Amelia,
Welcome to this beautiful, crazy, wonderful world!! That is one sexy leg you have crossed over your swanky little body. I am presuming that got the message from your mother about the girls trips that we have planned to the beach and beyond since you are already tanning. I hear both your Mom and Dad have gotten to hold you. Your Mom probably cried but it is just cause she loves you so much. I have also heard that your Daddy has been singing to you. You are one special little girl. I thought of you this morning when I was reading my Bible reading for the day it was in the 116 chapter of Psalm it goes like this....
(verses 1 to 8) I love the Lord for He heard my voice because He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me. I will call on Him as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me the anguish of the grave came upon me I was over come by trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord, O Lord save me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. For you O Lord have delivered my soul from death. I look forward to meeting you in person but until then you just keep growing and I will keep praying. Love from your favorite great Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Amelia,

Happy one week & one day! You sound like you are doing so much better than a week ago! We are so glad to hear all is well. We miss you already and we have to come see you again. Uncle Austin is up north this weekend but when he returns, we promise we will visit! It sounds as though your mommy and daddy are so proud of you. They can't wait to take you home! We love you and can't wait to see you again. You hang in there sweetheart!

Love, Auntie Becky & Uncle Austin

Anonymous said...

Hi Amelia!!!

You are the cutest, most precious little girl I have ever seen. And you have the most loving parents..I can see how much your mommy loves you and I DO know that because I have known your Mommy a long time. You are so lucky to have them for parents but really I think they are more lucky to have such a fighter for a little girl. You sound like you are making great progress.....You hang in there and be strong. We can't wait to see you come HOME!!! God bless you sweetheart....all my love!!! Bye ya!!

*your mommy's friend...
Cindy Husar

Anonymous said...

Loved the comments about all of you! We all send our love and prayers for continued good health for mommy and baby Amelia. Val, Jerry, Dawn, and Derek (whom we are visiting in Indianapolis this weekend).

Anonymous said...

Love and prayers little Amelia!
We are so happy to hear that you'r doing well and getting bigger everyday. Your parents love you so much and will make sure that your getting the best care around. Drew and I can't wait to meet you and start to set up play dates for you and our little girl. That won't be for awhile yet but your both going to be cute little snow bunnies this winter.
Hugs and Kisses
Kim and Drew

Anonymous said...

Hi Amelia,
I cannot wait to meet you!! I pray for you everyday, hang in there sweetie!! You are one brave little girl!! Your family loves you very much! I think you are going to turn out to be one strong little girl, just like your mom and dad!Nicole (Dave's sister)