Thursday, October 2, 2008



Today was another good day. Amelia started getting feedings of 1cc of milk every 3 hours. She's not really doing much with it, it's going down and she is mixing it with mucus and it's just kinda sitting there and not moving anywhere. They aren't overly concerned because at least it is not creating any kind of infection or bacteria, so they will continue to do the feedings. Another great step was that she is off the Cpap breathing machine! YEAAAH Amelia. They put her back on the oxygen tubes thru her nose. She has had some apnea where her heart slows down real low and she forgets to breathe, but she quickly realizes what is going on and stimulates herself again. It scares the crap out of mommy and daddy! When it happens and she doesn't adjust right away, we just have to rub her back or move her and she bounces right back up.



Mike was able to Kangaroo today. She was laid in the middle of his chest and by the time she was done, she squirmed her way all the way to his armpit. Mike also got to change his second diaper! Two down for Mike and 0 for Aleena. I do have to admit, I am a little jealous, but my time will come! When he changed the diaper, they turned off her light and she kept her eye's wide open and was looking all around for a good 5 minutes. She is just the cutest little thing every...I think I took 20 pictures in that 5 minutes just to make sure I got a good one.

Although the day is not over, it's the first day I did not cry. I am feeling good and haven't needed a pain pill all day and I am really trying to get off of them so that I can drive myself to see my little girl. My incision is great and not hurting at all, but there is a very sharp pain on my left side that really hurts when I make a move too sudden or stand up. Us Heldt girls are strong and we just need to keep on going.

Her nurse again today was Jen and her weight was still holding steady at 2 lbs.


Look at this PICTURE! SHE IS SOOOO CUTE!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! What a doll. Miss you!
Love Aunt ALeese and Uncle Dave

Anonymous said...

love love love it! she has such beautiful eyes!!! :o)