Can you find Amelia? It's a good thing they don't cover her head, otherwise she would just blend right into the background. 
Today was filled with positive happy milestones. The first being her weight achievement. I really thought it would take longer to put on a pound. I think I could do that in an hour and wouldn't even have to try that hard. Just a quick stop at Culver's and there it is! And for her it took almost an entire month, 25 days and 1 pound later. Good Job Amelia!
The second happy event was having her lipids changed out and moved to a clear IV. She no longer needs the calories because she is getting them all from ME! In one ounce of mommy milk, she gets 20 calories. She was at 6 cc's per hour all day and will be moving up to 7cc's at 11:00pm tonight and then tomorrow...she will be at her goal of 8 cc's per hour! Her MAX amount...she will actually be where she should be! YEAaaaaa. I'm so happy! Right now, that's 4 ounces every 24 hours which would mean 80 calories a day! Just think...a normal soda is 140+ calories and I am ecstatic that she is drinking 80 calories a day, well not even 80 in a day, technically 40 a day. Wow. We tried to see if maybe because she was liking this mommy milk so much, maybe she would take it straight from the source. HA -she wanted NOTHING to do with it. I think she was saying...you want me to do what? You mean I actually have to do something to get the food into my stomach...umm no mommy...I've had enough hard work lately, how about we just leave it how it is and we wait a little longer for that. Okay Amelia...we will wait, but this whole pumping thing really is getting old and I would like to at least have you to stare at while I am producing your food.
So another proud moment today that I am sure one day, maybe when she is older, we can tell her about in front of her new boyfriend to really embarrass her with and eventually lead to her hating us. But for now - hilarious! I was kangarooing today and was doing the kangaroo hand off to Mike. As soon as the nurse set little Amelia onto daddy, she let out this very strange sound. We thought maybe it was a burp, but no...she now needed her diaper changed. Instead of taking her off of dad and putting her back in her isolette, the nurse said...oh, lets just change her right on dad. Well...apparently Amelia has gotten the hang of this pooping on her own thing and as the nurse slid a new diaper underneath, out came some more and went all over the nurses hand and a little on daddy! She poopied on the nurse! I was dying with laughter and then realized that maybe I should grab a towel and wipe them off. It was a proud moment. I am sure my time will come and I will not be laughing and thinking it is cute.
The clothes thing isn't going so well with her. She somehow wiggles her little way out of her arm sleeves and wiggles her socks off too. I keep telling the nurses that clothing right now is a little ridiculous and we really should wait. But they tell me that I am one of the only mom's who isn't excited about being able to put clothes on their little girl. I just like seeing her little tiny body and watching her tummy go up and down as she breathes and see her getting bigger everyday. She can wear clothes for the rest of her life, can't we just leave her naked for now? Plus, every outfit means laundry, because I am responsible for taking her dirty clothes home and washing them. Do you know how many little tiny clothes it takes to fill up a washing machine? I have to use the special Dreft until she is a bit bigger and not so sensitive, so I have to do her clothes separately.
Working these last two days have been a good adjustment. I try really really hard to work from home as long as possible, but she is like an addiction and I need my fix by noon everyday. So off I go to the hospital and work from my laptop and send emails and do what I can to return phone calls within 2 hours. Fortunately I haven't had to change much of my look since I am catching up on the million emails I have, and thankfully no one can see what I look like via email. I leave my laptop unplugged so that when the battery runs out...I am done and it's time to do a little kangarooing. Works for me! I figure I might as well start out with little Amelia steps too.
It was a great day! No pale baby, no talk of a blood transfusion, just happy moments. THANK you Amelia! We really needed this day!
YEaaaaa! Today Amelia reached 3 POUNDS! She actually was 3.1. Holy Cow (well almost cow)...what is in that mommy milk?
Today was filled with positive happy milestones. The first being her weight achievement. I really thought it would take longer to put on a pound. I think I could do that in an hour and wouldn't even have to try that hard. Just a quick stop at Culver's and there it is! And for her it took almost an entire month, 25 days and 1 pound later. Good Job Amelia!
The second happy event was having her lipids changed out and moved to a clear IV. She no longer needs the calories because she is getting them all from ME! In one ounce of mommy milk, she gets 20 calories. She was at 6 cc's per hour all day and will be moving up to 7cc's at 11:00pm tonight and then tomorrow...she will be at her goal of 8 cc's per hour! Her MAX amount...she will actually be where she should be! YEAaaaaa. I'm so happy! Right now, that's 4 ounces every 24 hours which would mean 80 calories a day! Just think...a normal soda is 140+ calories and I am ecstatic that she is drinking 80 calories a day, well not even 80 in a day, technically 40 a day. Wow. We tried to see if maybe because she was liking this mommy milk so much, maybe she would take it straight from the source. HA -she wanted NOTHING to do with it. I think she was saying...you want me to do what? You mean I actually have to do something to get the food into my stomach...umm no mommy...I've had enough hard work lately, how about we just leave it how it is and we wait a little longer for that. Okay Amelia...we will wait, but this whole pumping thing really is getting old and I would like to at least have you to stare at while I am producing your food.
So another proud moment today that I am sure one day, maybe when she is older, we can tell her about in front of her new boyfriend to really embarrass her with and eventually lead to her hating us. But for now - hilarious! I was kangarooing today and was doing the kangaroo hand off to Mike. As soon as the nurse set little Amelia onto daddy, she let out this very strange sound. We thought maybe it was a burp, but no...she now needed her diaper changed. Instead of taking her off of dad and putting her back in her isolette, the nurse said...oh, lets just change her right on dad. Well...apparently Amelia has gotten the hang of this pooping on her own thing and as the nurse slid a new diaper underneath, out came some more and went all over the nurses hand and a little on daddy! She poopied on the nurse! I was dying with laughter and then realized that maybe I should grab a towel and wipe them off. It was a proud moment. I am sure my time will come and I will not be laughing and thinking it is cute.
Working these last two days have been a good adjustment. I try really really hard to work from home as long as possible, but she is like an addiction and I need my fix by noon everyday. So off I go to the hospital and work from my laptop and send emails and do what I can to return phone calls within 2 hours. Fortunately I haven't had to change much of my look since I am catching up on the million emails I have, and thankfully no one can see what I look like via email. I leave my laptop unplugged so that when the battery runs out...I am done and it's time to do a little kangarooing. Works for me! I figure I might as well start out with little Amelia steps too.
It was a great day! No pale baby, no talk of a blood transfusion, just happy moments. THANK you Amelia! We really needed this day!
4 comments:
Yeah Amelia!!!! Im so proud of you. They changed you when mommy got there i see. You look like a little bird in your yellow outfit. Your tooooo cute!! C-you tomorrow!!Love aunt leese & uncle dave
That is all fantastic news! Her little outfits are ridiculously cute. I'm glad to hear that Amelia is gaining weight and that you are in high spirits. We can't wait to meet her! Love Ben and Patti
wooooo hooooo! we've got a 3 pounder!! how exciting! :o) nice work!
Yayfor 3lbs..that is awesome....Atta Girl Amelia!!!!! And good job poopin on Daddy!! hahah That is really funny!!! Sounds like shes doing well!! God Bless you and Amelia!!
-Cindy
Post a Comment