I arrived around 2 and decided Mike needed a little break and we went and had some lunch/dinner and afterwards I came back.
She was scheduled for a bath, but the novelty of things like bath time and diaper changing have apparently worn off for Mike and he went home. I guess it has been a month since we have been doing this, but BOY O BOY did he miss out today. Nurse Jen decided that she was ready for a tub bath instead of a wipe down. OHhhhhh my goodess.....she was soo cute! Who doesn't love a naked baby!
LOOK AT THAT BELLY!!
We had very bright warming lights over th e top of her and if we put our hand over to block out the light, she would open her eyes instantly. After we got her all cleaned up and mommy was holding her to warm her back up, she decided she was not liking being clean and decided to poopy in her clean blanket. Thankfully, she was in the blanket and they didn't just lay her on me, otherwise it would have been poopy on mommy! We cleaned her back up and were dressing her, and then she decided she wanted to pull out her feeding tube (thru her nose). As nurse Jen was reinserting the tube she gagged as it went down. I felt so bad for her. We are getting her dressed and then she decides it's time to start puking! We got that all cleaned up, finish dressing her, wrap her like a burrito, and back in her home. Well apparently the tube and reflux wasn't done and we had to change her pad underneath her head...not once, not twice, THREE times. Poor little Melia. She was placed on her tummy to help make it easier for her and things seemed to be settled down. To top it all off, the tube that brings her the mommy milk hangs above her and it was leaking and dripped all over her little head. So we came to the conclusion that she likes bath time, but hates to actually stay clean. What a crazy fun time! Daddy really missed out and was really jealous when I called him.
She had her eyes tested for retinopathy. She had to have little drops put into her eyes to have them dilated. Everything looked great and they will retest her again in 3 weeks. She has not really gained much weight in the last three days and is hanging steady at 3 lbs. They take her weight everyday, which I obsess about, but the real look is how she is gaining over a week and charting which they do every Saturday night, so I can't wait for tomorrow night.
A room at the end of the pod opened up with a WINDOW and nurse Jen really wanted Amelia to have that room. It's the only room in our pod with a window. The only problem was that it was a bit smaller, so they told us that it would be our choice. Mike and I looked at it like we were looking at moving Amelia to a new apartment or something. Hmm..I wonder if she will like the window. Do you think we can handle moving into a smaller room by 3 feet? It does have a shelf...what do you think Amelia? In the end we took it and nurse Tia approved the move and over she went. Having a window makes me feel somewhat connected with the outside world. I mean, I can see when it gets dark, when it's raining, etc...before we were just in our own little dark roomed world. Fall has almost come and gone and I have barely noticed. So hopefully this will also help our weeks be a little bit shorter and more pleasant.
I LOVE YOU!!
2 comments:
Hello Mike, Alena & little Amelia!
She is so sweet! We are praying for her and you both everyday! i can't wait to meet her. i would love to come and visit but I have a cold and I will keep my germs away until I am all clear. If you need anything, we are a phone call away!
The Bartelt's
cute story about bathtime!! She's so cute!!! Little naked baby! ha ha Hope you are hanging in there...give her a kiss for me!
god bless!!
Cindy
Post a Comment